As Cognizant begins its recruitment drive, it becomes important to know about the process that they follow and the tests that they conduct. The entire recruitment process at Cognizant consists of multiple levels of tests and interview rounds. The very first round of recruitment is the Aptitude Test, which is conducted by MeritTrac. There is no negative marking in this test and the pattern and the time allotment for the Aptitude Test are as follows:
|Section||Time Allotted||No of Questions||Expected Cut Off|
|Reasoning||30 Minutes||30||15-17 Marks|
|Verbal||30 minutes||25||13-15 marks|
The recruitment test details:
The topics that are covered in the test in the Reasoning section are:
- Data Interpretation – 4-5 Questions
- Visual Reasoning – 4-5 Questions
- Data sufficiency – 3-4 Questions
- Syllogism – 3-4 Questions
- Logical Reasoning – 4-5 Questions
- Coding and Decoding – 3-4 Questions
- Critical Reasoning – 3-4 Questions
The topics that are covered under the Verbal section are:
- Reading Comprehension – 10-12 Questions
- Sentence Correction – 6-8 Questions
- Parajumble – 6-8 Questions
Facing your Aptitude Test with a well-placed strategy is always helpful. You could have your own game plan to tackle the various questions, or you could take some tips mentioned below.
Expected Cut-off – 15 to 17 Marks
Out of the different types of questions in this section, the logical reasoning and the puzzle questions are the most time consuming. Here is how you could try to tackle this section:
- Don’t attempt the time consuming questions right at the beginning. Head to questions on Syllogism, Coding Decoding, Visual Reasoning, Data Sufficiency, etc. at first
- Try to finish the aforementioned questions (around 10 – 15) in the first 10 minutes
- Your objective is to get at least 10 correct questions
- Out of the remaining 15 questions you need at least 7 to be right in the next 20 minutes
- Attempt the lengthy answers like logical reasoning or data arrangement
- If you get stuck or are unable to solve a question, abandon it and move on to the next. A common mistake people make is that they think that they have already spent some time on a question and tend to carry on trying to solve it when instead, it would be better to leave it and start a new question from scratch.
Expected Cut-off – 13 to 15 Marks
Out of the 25 questions in this section, there might be about 10 – 12 questions on reading comprehension, which will be lengthy to answer.
- Leave the time consuming answers for the end
- Try to get 7 to 8 questions correct in the first 10 minutes, attempt sections like parajumbles, error spotting, etc.
- Next, attempt the reading comprehension questions and aim for at least 7 correct answers in the remaining 20 minutes
- Do the direct questions first in the reading comprehension and later attempt the inference based ones
Getting around 50 – 60% in the Cognizant Aptitude Test is not hard with the proper strategy. Just make sure that you get ample practice before you have to take the test.
All the Best and don’t forget to Share your Interview Experience here
Disclaimer: All of the above information has been collated from the feedback of the users, and we do not guarantee that the company will be following the same recruitment process in future drives as well.