If you have been dreaming about starting your momentous journey at TCS, we have a delightful news for you. Your dream company is hiring 2017 & 2018 passed outs.
TCS, recognised as the top employer in 4 continents which means the right place to build your career. Prepare yourself well, draw out the most from you in the drive and reserve your spot at TCS.
WHAT IS THE SELECTION PROCESS?
TCS Off Campus Drive - Batch of 2017 and 2018 is a Pan India drive followed by a personal interview process.
Post the assessment, interview date and location will be communicated to candidates individually.
WHAT ARE THE ELIGIBLE BATCHES?
Batch of 2017 and 2018
WHAT ARE THE IMPORTANT DATES?
|Registration Starts||27th November 2018|
|Registration Closes||9th December 2018|
|Hall Ticket Issue Date||12th December 2018|
|Exam Date||16th December 2018|
|TCS Joining Date||1st Week of January onwards|
WHAT IS THE QUALIFICATION?
Full Time Graduates from B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech/M.Sc/MCA - 2017 and 2018 YOP
WHAT ARE ELIGIBLE STREAMS FROM UG/PG?
Open to All Engineering Streams
WHAT ARE ELIGIBLE STREAMS FROM MCA/M.Sc?
MCA with BSc / BCA / BCom / BA (with Math / Statistics Background) M.Sc in Information Technology / Computer Science / Software Engineering
CAN STUDENTS WITH WORK EXPERIENCE APPLY FOR THIS DRIVE?
Relevant Work Experience will be considered for 2017 YOP students.
WHAT IS THE PERCENTAGE CRITERIA?
A candidate should have a minimum aggregate of 60% throughout in Class X, XII, Diploma (if applicable), UG & PG (if applicable).
WHAT ARE OTHER CRITERIA?
- Students with backlogs are not allowed to appear for the Off Campus.
- Overall gap in academics should not exceed 2 years
- All academic courses should be finished within the stipulated course duration as per TCS Eligibility Criteria and/or they should be complete within the duration as prescribed by the Board/University.
- Only Full time courses will be considered (Part Time/Correspondence courses will not be considered).
- Candidates with more than 3 years of work experience will not be permitted to participate in the TCS Selection process.
Note: Students who appeared for the test on November 13th / 14th are not eligible.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR TCS OFF CAMPUS DRIVE?
- Go to TCS Careers page here.
- click on the “Register” button.
- Now, if you have not applied for TCS drives previously or have never registered on TCS NextStep, then you need to register now. Click ‘IT’ , fill in the registration form and click ‘submit’ button.
- If you are an old candidate, You can directly login with your email/reference id and password in the NextStep portal to apply for the drive.
- You will receive an SMS from TCS regarding your successful registration. The text will contain user id and password which are required to download the hall ticket.
WILL INTERVIEWS ALSO BE CONDUCTED ON THE SAME DAY?
No, interviews will not be conducted on the day of the Off Campus Test. If you clear the Off campus Test, details of the Interview schedule will be sent to you on your registered email ID.
WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY HALL TICKET?
Your candidature for the TCS Off Campus Drive of 2018 will be considered only after completing the below mentioned steps:
- Successful Registration & filling the Application form in https://nextstep.tcs.com Clicking on 'Apply For Drive'
- Only Short listed candidates who meet the TCS Eligibility criteria will receive Hall Tickets.
- Hall tickets will be sent out after the Last date of Registration for the Off Campus Drive.
WHAT DO I NEED TO CARRY FOR THE OFF CAMPUS TEST?
Once your Hall Ticket is generated, please check your Hall Ticket for the documents you need to carry for the Off Campus Test.
WHAT IS THE TEST PATTERN FOR TCS OFF CAMPUS DRIVE?
The online assessment of TCS Off-Campus drive is of duration 90 mins.
- Verbal Ability – 10 Questions (10 mins)
- Quantitative Aptitude - 20 Questions (40 mins)
- Programming Concepts - 10 Questions (20 mins)
- Coding - 1 Question (20 mins)
This section will have Sentence completion (cloze test)
- 15 standard questions and 5 advanced questions
- Advanced questions have higher difficulty level
- Some are MCQ and others Fill up the blanks
- Discrete Mathematics -Counting basics – Permutations , Combinations, Principle of Inclusion and Exclusion, Combinational Probability
- Algebra – Basic identities, Arithmetic and geometric progressions, Binomial theorem, Roots of polynomials, Mean, Median, Mode.
- Arithmetic – Time and distance, Averages, Percentages, Simple and Compound Interest, Modulo Arithmetic.
- Trigonometry- Trigonometric ratios, Heights and distance
- Geometry – Pythagoras theorem, Congruence and Similarity of triangles, Areas of Geometrical shapes
10 questions involving programming concepts questions
- Sub section 1 – seven normal level questions
- Sub section 2 – Three advance level questions
- Questions will be MCQ and Fill up the blanks (FUB) types
Negative marks for wrong answer if MCQ
Indicative Question types
- Given a code in C language / pseudo code, identify the functionality of the code
- Given a code in C language / pseudo code, identify the bug (Syntactive / Sematic) in the code
- Conceptual questions in Programming
- Elementary algorithms based questions
- Elementary data structures based questions
- Questions based on basics of C language
- Basic concepts behind compiling, linking, OS
- Data Structures: Array, Stack, Queue, List (trees, hash table etc)
- Algorithms: Basic search and sort algorithms (tree traversal, complexity, dynamic programming etc)
- Programming concepts: Iteration, recursion, procedural vs OOP, C language: call by value/reference, basic and derived data types, storage class, scope and visibility, basics of pointers, basic header files, library functions, branching an looping, command line arguments, user defined functions
It has only one question which is to be answered in 20 mins
- You can answer in C/C++/Java/ Perl /Python 2.7
- IDE to debug
- For Java, the class name should be Maze
- Input to program either through STDIN / Command line arguments, as per instructions.
- Program should write the output to STDOUT
- Public and private test cases.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR THE TCS OFF CAMPUS DRIVE?
PlacementSeason will help in all ways to clear this off campus test. We have questions and answers from the previously held TCS drives. Along with those, practice questions are also available in our test packages. All you need to do is practice.